Just a quick update
almost 3 years ago
– Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 08:29:00 PM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
What to do if you need to change your shipping address or have other questions
about 3 years ago
– Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 08:25:06 PM
Last week, BackerKit sent out an email to each of you containing a unique link to login and update your shipping address. We want to follow up on their email with a bit more detail.
1. If you don't need to change your shipping address, or are only receiving the digital version of The Leader's Guide, there's no need to do anything at this time.
2. If you no longer have the email from BackerKit but need to change your address, you can use this link to login to the project and do it that way: https://only-on-kickstarter-the-leaders-guide-by-eric-ries.backerkit.com/backer/shipping
3. Confirming your already correct shipping address is not necessary.
4. If you do need to change your address, please do so by the end of this week, Friday, March 11th, so that BackerKit has the right info ahead of the ship date.
5. If you have other questions about the campaign or fulfillment, you can either check this Backerkit FAQ link: https://only-on-kickstarter-the-leaders-guide-by-eric-ries.backerkit.com/faq#contact-us, which also includes a tab for contacting BackerKit with other questions, or write to BackerKit directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
An update on mini e-books, delivery of The Leader's Guide + where to find book excerpts
about 3 years ago
– Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 11:23:00 PM
As we make our way towards the end of the fulfillment process, we wanted to update you on what we've recently sent out and what's still to come.
Last Friday, we released the third and final mini e-book, "The Best of Startup Lessons Learned," to those of you who backed the campaign at that level. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to create these PDFs. I hope you'll find them both useful and interesting.
We’re deep into the production process for The Leader's Guide right now, both digital and hardcover editions. We're finishing our first round of copy edits and on track to release the e-book in late March and the print version about a month later. Meanwhile, excerpts are being posted in the Leader's Guide community, so you can check there for an early look--and of course, we'd love to hear what you think.
As always, we'll keep you updated if things change.
An update on the production and delivery schedule of The Leader's Guide
over 3 years ago
– Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:51:45 PM
Happy New Year!
We know you all are eager to get copies of the book, and so I wanted to send a quick update about where we are in the process, and what still needs to be done.
The manuscript was completed at the end of the year. It took longer than expected to coordinate the interviews and incorporate material from my most recent workshops into the text but we’re very happy with how it came out. It is now in the hands of the copyeditor while the design of the book’s jacket and interior is being finalized (thanks to all of you in the Leader’s Guide community on Mighty Bell for your input).
Our book packager is managing the production process that will take another month once that’s all completed, and then we will be able to start shipping. We expect the ebook to ship in late March (or sooner, if we can manage—we’re doing our best to get the book to you as quickly as possible). The print book will follow in a month. We’ll keep you updated if there are changes to this schedule.
The good news is that we will begin sending out the mini ebooks in the next couple of weeks. These are just pdfs so they are much simpler to produce.
Thanks again for your support and for your patience. We know the book is shipping later than we had originally planned, and we hope that you’ll agree that it was worth the wait.
I also want to apologize about the lack of updates about the production schedule. We know there's been a lot of email related to this campaign between the updates, all the stretch goals, and the community, so we didn't want to add to the clutter. I won't post these big updates too often going forward. If you want more frequent updates, please check the MightyBell community.
almost 4 years ago
– Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 05:38:29 PM
I’d like to inform you all that Friday, August 7, is the final day to fill out your fulfillment survey for The Leader’s Guide through BackerKit.
Most of you are good to go but we extended our original deadline so all of you would have a chance to get this done.
If you do not fill out the survey, we will not have your information on file and will not be able to distribute your rewards.
You must fill out the survey in full. If you fail to do so, we will consider your book copies unclaimed and donate them to a worthy cause.
If you think you might have missed BackerKit’s survey email, please comment below or send us a message.
August 7 is also the last day that you’ll be able to add additional items on to your pledge through BackerKit. Here's a preview of the bundles we're offering: bit.ly/ericriesbackerkit
Thanks so much to all of you.